Add:No.1098 Minta Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai, China
Industrial double shaft paddle mixers have been a design of choice for process industries over the last 30 years for bulk solids dry mixing. They offer many advantages vs other mixer design, especially a short mixing time and a gentle handling of the product.
2. Mixing principle
Double shaft paddle mixers are convective mixers : the mixer is equipped with 2 agitators mounted with paddles that actively displaces the powder.
For the mixing to be efficient, a certain speed of rotation of the shaft must be reached. At this speed, the paddles are able to lift the solid and create a fluidization of the product in the central area of the mixer. This zone, called fluidization zone, is the area where mixing actually takes place.
Figure 1 : Fluidization zone in double shaft paddle mixer
Applications of double shaft paddle mixers
Double shaft paddle mixers, thanks to their working principle based on fluidization, find a lot of applications in industries where a good level of homogeneity is required with possibility to disperse minor ingredients <0.1% while having a gentle mix and short mixing time :
- Pharmaceuticals : mixing active principles
- Baby food : infant formula or infant cereals
- Food : ready to prepare mixes like coffee, cocoa...
- Food ingredients : flavors, premix
- Chemicals : mixing of reactants, premix
Related Industry Knowledge
- Ampoule filling machine
- Filling machine
- Filling machine manufacturing techn...
- Filler machine classification
- pressure filling machine
- Vacuum filling machine
- Injection filling machine
- liquid filling machine
- Paste filling machine
- Sauce filling machine
- How to Choose the Most Suitable Pow...
- What are the factors which affect t...
- How to Choose the Suitable Powder P...
- Component List of Semi Automatic Po...
- The secert of the auger filler
- Milk powder packing line
- Milk Powder Turn Key Packaging Lines
- How to Optimize Your Ribbon Mixer
- 11 Batch Mixing System Design Consi...
- How to choose the right machine? Fl...